Even though we’ve had rain, the Seattle Regional Water System continues to face a potential water shortage. We are asking customers to voluntarily reduce your water use. This will help stretch the region’s water supply for people 和 fish until our mountain reservoirs refill to the necessary levels. Even seemingly small daily actions can add up to make a big impact.
访问 Seattle Public Utilities’ blog to keep up with the latest water supply information, including how the region is doing to meet our 100 million gallons per day goal.
下载和记官方的 water-saving tips flyer (pdf).
Top ways to reduce your water use
- Stop watering lawns
- Water established trees, shrubs, 和 perennials once a month or less
- Delay car washing or use a car wash that recycles water
- Turn off water fountains 和 decorative water features
- Delay non-essential pressure washing
- Delay filling pools 和 hot tubs
- 检查和 和记官方,特别是 running toilets
- Encourage employees to report leaks 和 use water wisely
- Thaw frozen food in the fridge, not under running water
- Provide new towels only when requested
- Ask your building operator to optimize your cooling systems
Affected utilities 和 customers
The voluntary call to reduce water use applies to everyone who gets water from the Seattle Regional Water System. 它覆盖了1.5 million people, 25 water utilities, 和 all members of the Saving Water Partnership except the City of North Bend. The City of North Bend has enacted their own water use reduction measures. Please reach out to North Bend if you are a customer of theirs 和 have questions.